If you are looking for part time work at the moment, you might be interested to know that on the 1st October the National Minimum Wage increased.
The National Minimum Wage is a minimum amount per hour that most workers in the UK are entitled to be paid by law. Your legal entitlement to be paid National Minimum Wage is not affected by:
- how you are paid – weekly or monthly, by cheque, in cash or in another way
- whether you work full time, part time or any other working pattern
- whether you work at your employer’s work place or elsewhere
- the size of your employer
- where you work in the UK.
The current National Minimum Wage rates can be found here: Directgov website.
If you have any questions about a vacancy please ask us for guidance. If you would like legal advice about employment issues contact the QM Legal Advice Centre, a free service for you.